Knowledgeable Mississippi Attorney Provides Comprehensive Legal Representation
James (Rus) Sykes handles criminal defense, divorce, personal injury, and real estate matters for Mendenhall clients
For any legal matter, strong representation from an experienced attorney gives you the best chance of achieving a successful resolution. At the Sykes Law Firm Ltd., in Mendenhall, I draw on nearly 20 years of experience practicing law in Mississippi, and I’m ready to represent you if you are charged with DUI, need advocacy in a divorce or custody dispute, seek compensation in a personal injury claim, need assistance with a real estate transaction, or require help with wills or probate matters. For clients in Simpson, Rankin, Smith, Covington and Jefferson Davis counties, I’m committed to obtaining a lasting solution as quickly and effectively as possible.
Client-centered representation in Central Mississippi
For nearly two decades, James (Rus) Sykes has been a trusted counselor for people needing legal help in Central Mississippi, where I have earned the respect not only of clients but also of local colleagues and judges. My firm represents clients in these practice areas:
- Criminal defense — I handle a range of criminal defense cases, including DUI and traffic violations. I will work to challenge the evidence and procedures of the police and the prosecution to uphold your rights and safeguard your future.
- Divorce — Some of the most emotionally charged legal proceedings are family law matters. I will advocate for your rights in divorce and guide you through the process to reach the best possible solutions for you and your children.
- Real estate law — Property is one of the largest investments anyone ever makes, so it’s important to be represented by an experienced real estate attorney in transactions, whether you’re buying, selling or leasing. I will represent your interests from the contract through to the closing. I also represent clients in real estate litigation when disputes arise.
- Personal injury — Following a traffic accident or slip and fall accident caused by the negligence of another, you have a right to seek justice for the personal injury you’ve suffered. I can help you understand your legal options to obtain full and fair compensation for medical expenses and lost earnings.
- Wills and probate — I assist clients with wills to protect their legacies and guide executors through the probate process. My firm also handles probate and trust litigation when terms of a will or trust are disputed.
For experienced legal help in any of these areas, you can trust that I will handle your case personally and provide representation that is committed to your best interests now and in the future.
Contact a knowledgeable and experienced Mississippi lawyer
At the Sykes Law Firm Ltd., I represent clients throughout Central Mississippi in a range of areas, including personal injury, wills and probate, real estate, personal injury and divorce. Please call 601-207-8420 and ask for James (Rus) Sykes or contact me online to schedule an appointment at my Mendenhall office to learn how I can help.